Mathematical aspects and applications of membrane
This is an announcement of the research group “Mathematical aspects and applications of membrane computing” at the Institute of Mathematics of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
The group lead by dr. hab. Adam Obtułowicz is associated to European Molecular Computing Consortium realizing objectives of MolCoNet –A Thematic Network of Molecular Computing, Project IST-2001-32008 in 5-th Frame Program of European Community. The scientific activity of the group is supported by the Authorities of Institute of Mathematics of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
The group is also involved in realization of objectives of the Centre of Excellence IMPAN-BC of the European Community 5FP.
The members of the group are the following scientists and practicians: dr. Waldemar Korczyński, Krzysztof Miksza, Janusz A. Pomykała, Sylwester Wawrzoła, Joanna Bartosik.
The research projects of the group contain:
- applications of membrane computing in cryptography,
- modeling memory evolutive systems, up to emergence of consciousness, in biology and cognitive psychology; biochemical-membrane system approach,
- applications of membrane systems in management sciences, in particular to planing industrial production processes,
- mathematical modeling of processes generated by P systems; algebraic, categorical, probabilistic, topological, and rough set theoretical approach.
- approximation space and membrane systems.
The research group has had and continues to have fruitful scientific contacts with:
- Moletronic Laboratory (Nucleic Acid) and Group of Artificial Intelligence Research led by prof. Jan J. Mulawka in Institute of Electronic Systems of Warsaw University of Technology,
- cryptography research groups in Institute of Mathematics PAS (prof. dr. Jerzy Urbanowicz) and in Institute of Foundations of Informatics PAS (prof. dr. Marian Srebrny),
- Membrane Computing research group in Tarragona University (Spain),
- corresponding research group in Institute of Mathematics of The Romanian Academy of Sciences,
- A. C. Ehresmann’s and J.-P. Vanbremeesch’s mathematical biology research group in Universite de Picardie Jules Verne, Amiens (France).
List of papers in molecular computing area
Membrane Computing 2002,
ed. Gh. Paun et al. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 2597, Berlin,
2003, pp. 377-387.
Note on some recursive family of P systems with active membranes,
P systems Web Page
R. Freund, Carlos
Martin-Vide, A. Obtułowicz, Gh. Paun, On Three Classes of Automata-Like P
systems, P systems Web Page
presented at MalConEt Conference, Budapest, November 2002.
Adam Obtułowicz, Gheorge Paun, BioSystems 70 (2003) pp. 107-121,
work done in the framework of the contract no. ICA1-2000-70024 between
IM PAS and European Community .
Adam Obtułowicz, Mathematical models of uncertainty with a regard
to membrane systems, Natural Computing 2 (2003)}, pp. 251-263.
Adam Obtułowicz, New Mathematical Foundations of Membrane Computing:
Attacking NP Complete Problems Revisited, submitted to Theoretical Computer
Science, Series: Theory of Natural Computing.
A.J. Pomykała, Membrane systems and symmetric morphism in many sorted
algebras, (in preparation).
A.J. Pomykała, Similarity of membrane systems, approximational point
of view, part I,
- J. Bartosik, Membrane systems and Gantt’s charts (in Polish).
- J. Bartosik and W. Korczyński, Membrane systems as models of hierarchical
structures of management, (in Polish), published in Ekonomia
–Informatyka-Zarządzanie. Teoria i Praktyka .Tom II, ed. Z. Cięciwa,
- W. Korczyński, G. Wawrzoła, and S. Wawrzoła, On a reconstruction
problem for membrane systems, submitted to Demonstratio Mathematicae.
- A. Obtułowicz, Membrane Computing and One-Way Functions, International
Journal of Foundations of Computer Science Vol. 12, No 4 (2001), pp.
- A. Obtułowicz, Deterministic P systems for solving SAT-problem,
Romanian Journal of Information Science and Technology Vol. 4, No 1–2
(2001), pp. 195–201.
- A. Obtułowicz, On P systems with Active Membranes Solving Integer
Factorization Problem in a Polynomial Time, in Multisets Processing, ed.
C. S. Calude et al. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 2235, Berlin
2001, pp. 267–285.
- A. Obtułowicz,
Probabilistic P systems,
Part II: experimental computer programs, (in preparation)
A.J. Pomykała, Cover logic and membrane systems, (in preparation).
A.J. Pomykała, J.M. Pomykała, Systemy informacyjne, (in Polish),