18.06.2017 - 24.06.2017 | Będlewo
The conference "Differential Geometry" is the sixth in a series of conferences on differential geometry organized at the Banach Center. It started in 2000 with a conferene at Warsaw and was then continued at the charming Banach Conference Center at Bedlewo. Every edition of this series of conferences was organized in a Polish-European cooperation. At all of these conferences there was a broad international participation.
The 2017 edition "Differential Geometry" will cover the following topics:
- Riemannian and pseudo-Riemannian geometry,
- classical differential geometry,
- manifolds with special structures (Kaehler, Sasakian etc.),
- affine differential geometry,
- relations between geometry and PDE's,
- global problems,
- classification results,
and others. Exemplary we mention the following detailed topics:
- the progress on geometric PDE-methods developed at the Jangtse Math. Center at Chengdu/Sichuan,
- results of B. Andrews and H. Li on "Embedded constant mean curvature tori in the three-sphere",
- progress on Ricci solitons.