Barbara and Jaroslav Zemánek prize
The Institute of Mathematics of the Polish Academy of Sciences is announcing a call for the 2020 Barbara and Jaroslav Zemánek Prize.
The prize was established thanks to the funds transferred by prof. Zemánek and His wife to IM PAN, the institution in which prof. Zemánek worked for many years.
The prize will be awarded to a person who was under the age of 35 by the end of 2019, for achievements in functional analysis, with special emphasis on operators' theory. In case of individuals who were on maternal leave before the age of 35, the age allowing one to be granted the prize is extended by the duration of maternal leave.
The prize can be obtained only once. The prize is international: there are no limits regarding countries of affiliation of candidates. The Laureate will be chosen by the Jury appointed by the Director of IM PAN.
The gross amount of the prize in 2020 shall be 13000 PLN.
The candidates to the Prize can be proposed by a group of three people, each of them renowned internationally and holding a PhD in mathematics. Candidatures with a justification can be addressed to the Chancellor of the Prize by e-mail or traditional post to the Secretariat of IMPAN with an annotation “Barbara and Jaroslav Zemánek Prize”
Institute of Mathematics of the Polish Academy of Sciences
ul. Śniadeckich 8
within a deadline announced each year on the Prize’s website.
The application deadline is 1 June 2020. The announcement of results is planned for September 2020.
The prize winner with the Jury citation will be announced in the Notices of AMS. The Laureate will be invited to IM PAN for an award ceremony, and to give a talk.
Profesor Martijn Caspers from Delft University of Technology.
Professor Karl-Mikael Perfekt from University of Reading.
- F. Gesztesy (Baylor University) 2020-2023
- R. Latała (Warsaw University) 2018-2023
- V. Müller (Institute of Mathematics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague) 2018-2023
- N. Nikolski (University of Bordeaux) 2018-2021
- G. Pisier (Texas A&M) 2020-2023
- A. Skalski (Institute of Mathematics of the Polisch Academy of Sciences, Warsaw) 2018-2021
- Yu. Tomilov (Institute of Mathematics of the Polisch Academy of Sciences, Warsaw) - Chancellor 2018-2023