My background is in complex algebraic geometry. I have been working on the geometry of tensor decompositions and its relations with the study of secant varieties. Essentially, the tools we used come from projective and birational geometry. Tensors are very versatile objects that don’t appear only in math. In many applied sciences, important families of tensors naturally arise. I use a geometric approach to study their structure and the information they carry. I like to interact with mathematicians with different backgrounds than mine, and explore applications of my expertise.
- Together with Fulvio Gesmundo and Joachim Jelisiejew, we're organizing a summer school on tensor decompositions, followed by the Kickoff workshop of the AGATES thematic semester. They will take place between September 12th and 23th, 2022 in Warsaw.
- Together with Fatemeh Mohammadi and Luca Sodomaco, we're organizing the conference Tensors in statistics, optimization and machine learning, that will take place November 21st and 25th, 2022 in Warsaw.
- Between November 27th and December 3rd, 2022 I'll attend the Oberwolfach workshop Subvarieties in projective spaces and their projections.
- On July 27th, 2022 I gave a talk about Defectivity of Segre-Veronese varieties at the Applied algebraic geometry seminars, at Bologna University.
- On July 19th, 2022 I gave a talk about Identifiability of ternary forms at the Killing and Weierstrass colloquium, held at Gdańsk University.
- Between June 28th and July 2nd, 2022 I attended Recent advances in Classical Algebraic Geometry at the Jagellonian University in Krakow.
- Between June 20th and 24th, 2022 I attended MEGA 2022 at the Pedagogical University of Krakow.
- On June 13th, 2022 I gave a talk about Identifiability for pairs of ternary forms at Politecnico di Torino.
- On May 5th, 2022 I gave a talk about Schemes of tensor eigenvectors at Warsaw University.
- On March 4th, 2022 I gave a talk about Identifiability of pairs of polynomials at IMPANGA, at IM PAN Warsaw.
- On November 4th, 2021 I gave a talk about Defectivity of Segre-Veronese varieties at the University of Warsaw.
- On October 14th, 2021 I gave a talk about defectivity of Segre-Veronese varieties at the workshop Tensor days at IM PAN Warsaw.