Stanisław Spież, profesor
Ph. D.: Univ. Warsaw 1973, habilitation: Univ. Warsaw 1981
My main research interest lies on the border of geometric and algebraic
topology. Specifically, my publications relate to homotopy theory, shape
theory, shape theory, dimension theory, embedding theory, coincidence
theorems, geometry and game theory.
- Imbeddings in R2m of m-dimensional compact with
dim(X× X)<2m, Fund. Math. 134 (1990), 105-115.
- On pairs of compact with dim(X× Y)<dim X+dim Y, Fund.
Math. 135 (1990), 213-222.
- (with H. Toruńczyk) Moving compact in Rm apart, Topology
and Its Applications 41 (1991), 193-204.
- (with J. Segal) Quasi embeddings and embeddings of polygedra
in Rm, Topology and Its Applications 45 (1992), 275-282.
- (with B. Guenther, J. Segal) Storng Shape of uniform spaces,
Topology and Its Applications 49 (1993), 237-249.
- (with R.S. Simon and H. Toruńczyk) The existence of
equilibria in certain games, separation for families of convex
functions and a theorem of Borsuk-Ulam type, accepted to Israel
J. of Mathematics.