Bucharest, November 10, 2001
have agreed upon the following Cooperation Programme.
- Institute of Mathematics
and Informatics of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences,
G. Bonchev str., bl. 8, BG-1113 Sofia
- "Alfréd Rényi" Institute of Mathematics,
Hungarian Academy of Science; MATHIAS Center of Excellence of the
Realtanoda utca 13-15; HU-1053 Budapest
- Institute of Mathematics of the
Polish Academy of Sciences;
IMPAN-BC Center of Excellence
of the European Commission
¦niadeckich 8; PL-00-950 Warsaw
- "Simion Stoilow" Institute of Mathematics
of the Romanian Academy;
of Excellence of the European Commission
Calea Grivitei 21; RO-70700 Bucharest
- We organize a scientific research network in Pure Mathematics and
Applications aiming to encourage joint research teams and common
- We shall promote the scientific collaboration through mutual scientific
visits for research in the following fields of crucial significance
on which we have common expertize:
- algebraic geometry and commutative algebra;
- combinatorics and its applications;
- differential equations and numerical methods;
- operator algebras, mathematical physics and non-commutative geometry;
- geometric analysis;
- differential geometry, topology and singularity theory;
- approximation theory;
- stochastical mathematics;
- functional analysis and operator theory;
- complex analysis and potential theory.
- We propose to organize in common a 3 week conference and summer school
on "Algebraic Geometry" in 2003.
- We propose to organize in 2002-2003, three more conferences and schools
on subjects to be specified later on.
- We agree to enhance communication between our research teams and students
from Universities in our countries through:
- lecture series of 2, 4 or 6 weeks delivered by researchers from our
centers and addressed to students (master or PhD level) from partner centers,
presenting some of the research domains and results from the home
- to elaborate doctoral training programmes of common interest and
encourage the mobility of master and doctoral students for training, common
research or jointly supervised thesis;
- to encourage exchanges of junior researchers on post-doctoral
- We shall organize a web page of our Network and create efficient links
between our web pages in order to improve information exchange.
- We shall organize yearly meetings of the executive officers of the
participating institutes in order to analyse the past activity and propose
specific projects for the coming year.
- We shall conjugate our efforts and apply for financial and logistic
support from the European Commission, NSF and NATO in order to develop our
infrastructure, communication facilities and specific research and training
- We consider our Network as a core for European Excellence
Inst. Math. Inf. Bulgarian Acad.
"Alfréd Rényi" Inst. Math.
Inst. Math. Polish Acad.
"Simion Stoilow" Inst. Math.
Dr, Andrey Andreev
Dr. Gyula Katona
Dr. Dezsó Miklós
Dr. Feliks Przytycki
Dr. Serban Basarab
Dr. Radu Purice