meetings take place on:
Tuesday 10:00-11:30, room 403
in the summer semester 2019/2020:
in the winter semester 2018/2019:
- 20.03.2019 (in the room 408)
- 10.04.2019 (in the room 321)
Research problems we try to address:
- Find equations of secant varieties that do not vanish on cactus varieties.
- For a fixed tensor find criteria for to have border rank equal to .
- High rank loci. For let be the closure of tensors in which have rank equal to . Is there an equality between and for , where denotes the join of and ? (answer is no - recently solved by E. Ballico, A. Bernardi, E. Ventura
- For , where is generic from we want to find decomposition for . We would like to find an algorithm wich computes such a decomposition.
- For where are simple tensors with norm and is a random error with norm . Assuming we want to find the funcition such that is the best rank 2 approximation and the norms are bounded from above by some constant.
We are open to discuss any issues related to secant varieties, cactus varieties, tensor rank, Waring rank, and their border/cactus analogues, identifiability, apolarity, Hilbert schemes of points etc.