We have possibilities to cover (at least partially) the local costs of staying in Warsaw for some number of participants of the minicourses programme. If you would like to apply for this support, indicate this at registration. For information on the registration and funding for the participants of the conferences within the Semester, please visit the conferences webpages (see the main page).
Location of the events within the Semester
Lectures and minicourses
- Institute of Mathematics of the Polish Academy of Sciences (IMPAN)
8, Śniadeckich St, Warsaw
- Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Mechanics (MIMUW) of the Warsaw University
2, Banacha St, Warsaw
How to get to IMPAN
- from Warsaw Chopin Airport
- by taxi: taxis are located outside Arrivals in the first level, please ignore the "taxi drivers" harrassing travellers in the airport hall, the price from the airport to IMPAN should not exceed 50 PLN (about 10 euros or $11), see also
- by bus line 188: get off at Metro Politechnika stop (the journey takes about 20 minutes) and walk down Ludwika Waryńskiego Street (by the metro station) and Śniadeckich Street to the Institute (about 700 m). You should buy a single transfer ticket for Zone 1 which is valid for 75 minutes. Its cost is 4,40 PLN.
- from Central Railway Station
- by bus lines 131, 501, 519, 522, 525 (a bus stop is located by the entrance to the main hall, see here): get off at Plac Konstytucji stop (the journey takes about 5 minutes) and walk down Plac Konstytucji Square and Śniadeckich Street to the Institute (about 150 m). You should buy a 20-minute ticket. Its cost is 3,40 PLN.
- by tram line 78: get off at the 3rd stop Plac Politechniki (the journey takes 5 minutes) and walk down Śniadeckich Street to the Institute (about 300 m). You should buy a 20-minute ticket. Its cost is 3,40 PLN.
How to get from IMPAN to MIMUW
Walk down Śniadeckich Street (about 300 m) to the tram stop Plac Politechniki, take a tram line 15 or 35. You should get off the tram at 6th stop Och-Teatr (the journey takes 10 minutes). Then, walk down Winnicka and Ludwika Pasteura Street to MIMUW (see the map below).
Workshops and conferences
- Mathematical Research and Conference Center in Będlewo
- European Centre for Geological Education of the University of Warsaw in Chęciny
The organizers of the Semester do not authorise any external subjects to arrange or propose accommodation for the participants. If you receive e-mails from travel or housing agencies etc., containing booking offers and requests for sending your personal data or advance payment, you should treat them as scam.