Aims and Scope
This will be the second edition of a conference that took place in Będlewo in July 2013. Similarly as before, our aim is to bring together scientists from all over the world working in various fields of applied topology, including:
- topological robotics,
- topological methods in combinatorics,
- random topology,
as well as topological data analysis, with emphasis on:
- materials analysis,
- computational geometry, and
- multidimensional persistence.
- [June 20, 2017] A schedule of the conference is now available. There have been some minor changes.
- [May 5, 2017] Travel and other useful information.
- [April 20, 2017] We have run out of places in the Będlewo Conference Center and cannot accept new participants. Registration is now closed. The situation may change due to cancellations. Please contact Zbigniew Błaszczyk (e-mail address is available in the Organizing Committee tab) if you are interested in attending the conference.
- [March 26, 2017] The conference is approaching and we are looking forward to see you all in Będlewo. We will have a few a bit unusual events.
On Sunday (June 25) in the afternoon there will be a series of introductory lectures. Jesus Gonzales, Ran Levi and Roman Srzednicki have generously agreed to deliver them for us. Those lectures are compulsory for PhD students and young researchers attending the conference, but of course everyone is welcome to join.
On Saturday (July 1) before lunchtime we will have a practical 5-8 hour session on topological data analysis. If you would like to join us, you will be asked to bring your laptop and use it to analyse real datasets using topological methods. The classes will be run by DataShape Team from Inria including Fred Chazal, Bertrand Michel. We will guide you through the process of installing all that is needed on your laptop. This will be a great occasion to get some practice and get your hands dirty with real data.
Conference Fee & Support
The cost of stay of a single person during the meeting (accomodation and meals at the Conference Center in Będlewo) from the afternoon of June 25th till the afternoon of July 1st is 350 Euro. We will be able to offer support to selected participants.
Conference fee can be transferred to the following bank account:
Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego, Aleje Jerozolimskie 7, 00-955 Warszawa
PL 80 1130 1017 0020 1467 1520 0008
Owner of the account: Instytut Matematyczny PAN, Warszawa, Sniadeckich 8.
Please make sure to include the following information in the title of the transfer: Applied Topology 2017, 25.06-01.07, name of the participant.