The semester is sponsored by the Simons Foundation as a part of the 5 years research and training program at IM PAN.
The topics of the semester include:
1. Geometric function and mapping theory in Euclidean spaces, Heisenberg groups and more general metric measure spaces.
2. Function spaces on metric measure spaces.
3. Geometric measure theory.
Emails regarding the semester should be addressed here: gfmt 'at' impan.pl
Current list of semester leaders:
- Katrin Faessler
- Riikka Korte
- Pekka Koskela
- Tuomas Orponen
- Pekka Koskela
- Pekka Pankka
- Nageswari Shanmugalingam
- Emanuele Spadaro.
- Guests and participants of the semester:
- Nicola Gigli, Gareth Speight, Alan Chang, Juan Souto, Jani Onninen, Francisco Gancedo, Angel Castro, Mathew Badger, Eden Prywes, Alexander Lytchak, Valentino Magnani, Elefterios Soultanis, Luigi D'Onofrio, Davide Vittone, Giona Veronelli, Renjin Jiang, Yi Zhang, Jose Llorente, Zhuang Wang, Sylvester Eriksson-Bique, Ville Sirviö, Ilmari Kangasniemi,
- José Andrés Rodriguez Migueles, Stefan Wenger, Estibalitz Durand-Cartagena, Martin Fitzi, Hubert Sidler, Renjin Jiang, David Tewodrose, Sebastiano Golo, Wojciech Ożański, Hiroshi Ohtsuka.
For the schedule of the Simons Semester Seminar, see Programme.
For Simons Semester Participants:
We would like to kindly ask you to provide us with the information on any papers that you might have produced during of after your stay in Warsaw on the Simons Semester, as a result of taking part in any semester activities. Also, please remember that such papers should bear the acknowledgement of the following type:
"This work was partially supported by the grant 346300 for IMPAN from the Simons Foundation and the matching 2015-2019 Polish MNiSW fund”
Participants are also kindly asked to add a "Report number" to all publications posted on arxiv.org, which are related to participation in the Simons Semester in Warsaw September-November, 2019.
The code to add is:
One can add this code:
1) upon a submission of the paper,
2) upon submitting a revision,
3) without changing the paper.
For 1), and 2), one just adds the report number as a part of Metadata. For 3), in personal arxiv account, click "journal-ref" and add the code in the field "Report number".
Some key events during the semester:
(1) The conference serving as a celebration of the 59th birthday of Pekka Koskela and the final conference of the semester:
2) The workshop for graduate students (see Programme for preliminary information).
The tentative dates of leaders visits in Warsaw:
Nageswari Shanmugalingam: 1.X-30.XI
Pekka Koskela: 23.IX-30.XI
Pekka Pankka: 15.IX-30.XI
Emanuele Spadaro: tba
Katrin Faessler: 1.IX-18.X
Tuomas Orponen: 1.IX-30.IX
Riikka Korte: 9-20.IX, 14-25.X, 24-30.XI.