Aims and scope
Applied and computational topology, one of the most rapidly growing branches of mathematics, is becoming a key tool in applied sciences. It is making impact not only in mathematics, but on the wide interdisciplinary environment including material and medical sciences, data science, robotics. Building upon successful conferences held in Będlewo in 2013 and 2017, the next edition of Applied Topology in Będlewo will take place in 2022. Similarly as before, our aim is to bring together scientists from all over the world working in various fields of applied topology.
This time we will focus on:
- random topology,
- topological methods in combinatorics,
- topological data analysis and shape descriptors,
- topological analysis of time-varying data in biology, engineering and finance,
- topological and geometrical descriptors of porous materials.
Confirmed Plenary Speakers
- - Gunnar Carlsson (Stanford; Ayasdi)
- - Daniel C. Cohen (Louisiana State University)
- - Dmitry Feichtner-Kozlov (University of Bremen; Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology)
- - Ingrid Hotz (Linköping University)
- - Frank Lutz (TU Berlin)
- - Jeremy Mason (UC Davis)
- - Dmitry Morozov (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)
- - Sayan Mukherjee (MPI Leipzig)
- - Piotr W. Nowak (Polish Academy of Sciences)
- - Laxmi Parida (IBM Research)
- - Paweł Pilarczyk (Gdańsk University of Technology)
- - Józef Przytycki (George Washington University)
- - Joanna Sułkowska (University of Warsaw)
- - Francesco Vaccarino (Politecnico di Torino)
The conference is supported by Polish Ministry of Education and Science within the grant "Doskonała Nauka" DNK/SP/513716/2021
Structure of the conference
The conference includes plenary and half-plenary talks, contributed talks (in parallel sessions) and poster-session. Please find detailed programme in In "Programme" section.
The conference will be preceded by 2-days workhop Introduction to Computational Mathematics, targeted at advanced MSc and PhD students, which will take place at the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science of Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań.
Registration is closed.
Conference fee and deadlines:
The conference fee is EUR 400/PLN 1800 (including EUR 50 for the social budget). It covers all local expenses (lodging and meals during the conference). If you need financial support and would like to apply for reducing of the conference fee, please write to us on 22-appliedtop.at.impan.pl.
The conference fee should be paid by a bank transfer to the following account:
Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego
Al. Jerozolimskie 7
00-955 Warszawa, Poland
IBAN: PL 80 1130 1017 0020 1467 1520 0008 (payments in EUR)
(For payments in PLN: IBAN: PL 48 1130 1017 0020 1467 1520 0002)
Beneficiary (Account Holder) Name: Instytut Matematyczny PAN
Beneficiary Address: ul. Śniadeckich 8, 00-656 Warszawa
In the title please put your name and 'Applied topology in Bedlewo 2022 conference'.
Please note that you are responsible for covering the bank transfer fees. The deadline for the payment is the 15th of May 2022.
If you are interested in giving a talk or presenting a poster, please send us the title and the abstract by 13th of May 2022.
As for traveling to Bedlewo, please see the website of the Bedlewo Conference Centre
We also plan to arrange a bus on Sunday afternoon to take conference participants from Poznan Glowny (Poznan main railway station) and Poznan Lawica Airport to Bedlewo (more details soon).
If you have any questions please email us on (22-appliedtop.at.impan.pl).
ALERT! Note that the accomodation during the conference (3-9 July) for all the Participants is provided in Będlewo Conference Centre and is included in the conference fee. We have received signals that someone is trying phishing on the participants of our conference by sending emails asking to make a hotel reservation. Please do not respon to such emails. We will book accomodation for you in Będlewo.
Any messages will be send via our personal mailboxes or the conference email address (22-appliedtop.at.impan.pl).
Introduction to Computational Mathematics
(pre-workshop for MSc/PhD students and young researchers),
Poznań 2-3 July 2022