Aims and scope
Applied and computational topology, one of the most rapidly growing branches of mathematics, is becoming a key tool in applied sciences. It is making impact not only in mathematics, but on the wide interdisciplinary environment including material and medical sciences, data science, robotics. Building upon successful conferences held in Będlewo in 2013 and 2017, the next edition of Applied Topology in Będlewo will take place in 2021. Similarly as before, our aim is to bring together scientists from all over the world working in various fields of applied topology. This time we will focus on:
- random topology,
- topological methods in combinatorics,
- topological data analysis and shape descriptors,
- topological analysis of time-varying data in biology, engineering and finance,
- topological and geometrical descriptors of porous materials.
Confirmed Plenary Speakers
- - Gunnar Carlsson (Stanford; Ayasdi)
- - Frederic Chazal (INRIA Saclay)
- - Dmitry Feichtner-Kozlov (University of Bremen; Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology)
- - Yasuaki Hiraoka (Kyoto University)
- - Ingrid Hotz (Linköping University)
- - Matthew Kahle (Ohio State University)
- - Jeremy Mason (UC Davis)
- - Dmitry Morozov (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)
- - Piotr W. Nowak (Polish Academy of Sciences)
- - Paweł Pilarczyk (Gdańsk University of Technology)
- - Józef Przytycki (George Washington University)
- - Joanna Sułkowska (University of Warsaw)
- - Ulrike Tillmann (University of Oxford)
Tentative description of the structure of the conference
The structure of the conference will resemble that of the previous editions. We anticipate the schedule to consist of approx. 50 talks, divided into three different types: 60, 50 and 30 minutes. There will be 2-3 plenary talks each morning and 3 parallel sessions each afternoon. Additionally, we plan to hold a poster session. We also intend to organize introductory lectures targeted at PhD students on the day of arrival, before the official opening of the conference, and a hands-on software demonstration session to present tools of topological data analysis.
Preregistration is open!
If you have any questions please email us on (22-appliedtop.at.impan.pl).