Gender Equality Plan
Development of the Plan
Gender Equality Plan for the Institute of Mathematics of the Polish Academy of Sciences for the period 2022 to 2024 was developed by a working group consisting of the Equal Treatment Commission (Aneta Wróblewska-Kamińska, Jarosław Buczyński, Karolina Kropielnicka, Adam Nowak) and representative of the Directorate Board Renata Podgórska-Zając. Please send any suggestions or comments regarding the content of this Plan to members of the working group.
Objectives of the plan
The working group defined the following goals of the Gender Equality Plan at the IM PAS:
1. Raising awareness of the importance of equality issues and strengthening positive attitudes towards diversity.
2. Supporting the development of scientific careers of women.
3. Making efforts to increase the gender balance in recruitment for research positions and doctoral schools.
4. Searching for opportunities to facilitate the combination of scientific work and family life.
5. Efforts to increase the balanced gender representation in: institute committees, in the management staff, in expert and review teams, and in chairing scientific and popularizing events, with adequate moderation so as not to overburden women with administrative duties.