The Ph.D. students receive financial support from two kinds of local sources:
- funding received by IM PAN from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education fund for staff development
- projects co-financed by national institutions or by the European Union
In the second case the Ph.D. students must follow the rules of the Ph. D. program at IM PAN and the rules of a given project. At the present our Ph. D. students are co-financed by the following projects of the second kind:
- Ph. D. Programme: Mathematical Methods in Natural Sciences
- Środowiskowe Studia Doktoranckie z Nauk Matematycznych
- Warsaw Center of Mathematics and Computer Science
No new Ph. D. students will be admitted through the first two projects. Diverse forms of financing Ph. D. students and Ph.D. candidates in Poland are described in this document taken from the webpage of the Ministry.
Applying for local scholarship
From the academic year 2012/13 the local scholarships will be awarded for one academic year at a time. The applications of the candidates to the program should be submitted within the admission application for the Ph.D. Program. The remaining students apply each year in a separate procedure.